Our policy is to:
- Support and comply with current environmental legislation and codes of practise.
- Reduce our waste and follow rigorous recycling procedures from purchasing, to manufacturing and distribution.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings through improved insulation, low energy lighting and movement detected lighting.
- To ensure staff awareness and when necessary, provide training with regards to energy conservation and environmental responsibilities.
- Minimise paperwork by using electronic storage and communication
- Make purchasing decisions based on the selection of products and services that do the least damage to the environment.
- Continually assess the environmental impact of new processes or products.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles appropriately and monitor journey plans to reduce mileage. We also encourage the use of car-sharing and alternative transport where possible.
- Continue purchasing raw materials from local suppliers wherever possible and to retain all manufacturing processes in house to reduce the carbon footprint of our products.
- We promptly address any complaints or recommendations made regarding our Environmental Policy.
- Our Environmental Policy responds to changes over time and is amended in consultation with employees, customers and associates.