Ingredients (for 2 jacket potatoes)
- Washed and graded baking potatoes
- 2 small cloves of crushed garlic
- 175g (6oz) sliced mushrooms
- 2 x 15ml spn (2 tblspn) cream cheese or sour cream
- 2 x 15ml spn (2 tblspn) freshly chopped herbs (rosemary, parsley & thyme)
- salt/ground pepper to taste
- Don your oven gloves and always use them when operating a hot oven!
- Place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C, a King Edward oven will bake the potatoes in around 60 minutes.
- To make the garlic mushrooms melt the butter in a saucepan, add the garlic and mushrooms and cook gently for 5 - 10 minutes depending on the variety, (wild mushrooms need to be cooked thoroughly).
- Stir in the cream cheese and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the herbs and season to taste, add more cream if required.
- When the potatoes are cooked cut a cross in the top, squeeze the base gently so the inside is exposed and spoon the hot filling on top.
- Adjust the quantities according to the amount of toppings you need at the time.